Wednesday, January 21, 2015

You & Me

This is a card I fell in love with as soon as I saw it on Pinterest by Deb Valder.  She is such a talented paper artist.  I didn't have the bow punch or saying she used, so I just pulled out what I had.  It will be a little different from hers.  Not fully cased. Started with Basic Black, Whisper White, Calypso Coral and DSP Stack Neutral.  The Hearts were die cut on Big Shot with #3 & 4 die from center of set.  The bow was made with Calypso Coral card stock cut into 2 ovals using the 1  3/4 X 7/8 oval punch and fold over and use glue dots to put ends together.  Cut a 1/4 each strip to go around center of bow.  Then cut a strip just a little longer than the bow and flag the ends and glue dot the bow to the strip.  The sentiment is from last years Countless Sayings 2 photopolymer set stamped in Calypso Coral ink.  The ribbon is the Calypso Coral Stretch ruffled ribbon (retired).  I used the# 5 large heart from center to make one in Whisper White for the inside of the card.  The Whisper White layer was embossed with the Large Polka Dot embossing folder to right before the ribbon and left the rest smooth for the sentiment.  I actually stamped the sentiment first then embossed.  I just wish I had a better camera.  Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me a new one, LOL!  Hope you enjoy and please leave a comment.  I enjoy reading what you have to say.

Happy Crafting,
Johnnie Sexton

No comments:

Post a Comment