Thursday, February 19, 2015

Cheerful Critter Thank You!

The Cheerful Critter Stamp set is one of my favorites in the New Occasions Catalog on page 14.   I have had this set for a while and decided now was the time to play with it, just to see what I can do with it.  I don't usually buy animal stamps but this one just caught my eye.  There are 3 critters and 5 sentiments in this set.  You can also use other sentiment stamp sets in the little sign blocks they are holding.  I want to use all 3 critters at some time so look for more of them to come.  The combination of Tempting Turquoise and Tangelo Twist or Tangerine Tango have been one of my all time favorites.  The Sweet Taffy DSP has some really cool colors in it and this is what made me decide on this combination.  It did say on the back of the package that is coordinated with Pumpkin Pie, too.  I didn't have any so decided to use Tangelo Twist (in color page 179). The DSP is Sweet Taffy  page 186.  Circle framelits were used and the Large Polka Dot Embossing folder was used on the 5 1/4" by X 4 " piece.  I don't think you can see it very well in this picture.   The inside was finished off with a piece of Whisper White card stock.  Markers were used to color in the bear: Pumpkin pie, Tempting Turquoise and Crumb Cake.

Happy Stamping and Crafting,
               Johnnie

2 comments: