Friday, February 13, 2015

Coaches Cards!

Well, basketball season is over for my two grand girls and they wanted a card the whole team could sign and give to the coaches at the sports banquet.  Then they came back and said they wanted to give them a basketball that they all signed and would I put WCCS Girls Middle School Basketball.  OMG! my minds went into overdrive and it took me two days to come up with this and the other thank you cards the grands wanted to give to their coaches.  Yep, I let them talk me into doing it all!!! :)  It was a real joy to put all of this together and thank goodness for my Silhouette Cameo and good supply of Stampin' Up card stock.  The coaches were so good to the girls this season and I feel that each and every one of them were given the knowledge to be even better next year.  My oldest granddaughter and friend got MVP and the youngest grand girl got Most Improved and she was certainly that.  Her older sister worked with her a lot.  Thanks Megan and coaches! On these two cards the net was purchased from the Silhouette Store and Night of Navy and Crushed Curry  along with Whisper White were used to make the cards.  A sentiment was put inside on copy paper and all the team members signed it.  A know bow was tied across the bottom of the card in Midnight Muse.

For the basketballs (did two) a template or stencil was cut and colored in with a black sharpie.  That took some time but turned out so good.  2014-2015 is under the work basketball.  I am not a good photographer and it shows.  When this was finished it was time to start making the "thank you" cards my grands for to give each coach.  They are very thoughtful young girls.  On these the same colors were used as on the big coach cards with the exception of Cajun Craze was used for the basketballs.  I used the stamp set Great Sports from Stampin' Up for the basketballs and cut them out with the 1" circle punch. The "thank you's" were from the stamp set Another Thank You Photopolyer set.  These were a lot of fun to put together.  They only needed two each but I wanted them to have a selection and not use the same ones for the same coach.

After getting this done then we needed a bag to put this in and I wanted them to be able to know whose was whose because of the signing of the cards and this is what we came up with.  Oh, so easy with a Silhouette Cameo on hand.  Every time I use it I feel the need to thank Bob and Pamela all over again.  They got for my birthday. It has been that much fun to play with.  The pattern for the basketball tag was bought from the Silhouette Cameo store and it is done in two pieces.  The font for the initials is Lobster 1.4. Love this font.  Well....enough about the basketball season and crafts on to soccer next.  Can't wait to see what they ask me to do for that sport.  Any ideas email them to me.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting and Stamping,
Johnnie
SU Hobby Demo






No comments:

Post a Comment