Friday, May 9, 2014

Embossed Wax Paper Technique

Hello Stampers, I found this card in my stash as I was cleaning out my stamp room and thought I would share it.  We made this in my workshop a while back and  as you can tell by the stamps.  They are from the summer celebration catalog from last year.  I just liked the technique so much I thought I would share it.  It is so simple and easy to do you will be amazed as I was.  I just couldn't believe this would look like this when I got through playing around with the embossing folder.  I hope you will take the time and play with one of your folders in this manner and let me hear from you as to how and what you thought of the technique.  I think learning new techniques can be lots of fun, but on the other hand for me they can sometimes be a disaster.  That is one of the reasons I wanted to share this with you, cause it actually turned out the first time I did it.  Have fun with it! I saw this technique on someone's site about 7 months ago and I can't find my notes on it, so thanks to the person that shared this technique, I really enjoyed it.

Embossed Wax Paper Technique using Madison Ave and Vine St EF

Stamp set: Madison Ave and Vine St. Embossing Folder (EF).
Card stock: Pool Party, Tangerine Tango, Old Olive and Whisper White, White Glossy for the EF emboss technique.
Ink: Old Olive, Tangerine Tango and if you use a saying to go across leaves, use black to make it pop.
Accessories: Tangerine Tango ribbon, Pool Party button, smallest of the Floral Framelits for the flower. Sliver of Tangerine Tango C/S to go in button.


Measurements: Base card 5 ½ x 8 ½
Tangerine Tango layer 5 ¼ x 4
Old Olive Glossy layer 5 1/8 x 3 7/8
Small Old Olive layer 2 3/16 x 2 7/8
Whisper White 2 x 2 13/16

Embossed Wax Paper Technique

1. Take a piece of wax paper 4 ½” x 5 3/4" (you want it a little bigger than the embossing folder) and emboss it with your favorite embossing folder.
2. Take a piece of glossy card stock 4" x 5 1/4", shiny side up on top of a piece of copy paper or something comparable to that, and place the embossed wax paper on top.  Cover the glossy card stock and wax paper with copy paper to protect your iron from wax.
3. With your iron on “cotton” no steam, iron the paper in a back and forth motion a few times.  I counted to 12 while moving the iron back and forth.  You don’t want to burn the paper.
4. Remove the copy paper and wax paper (throw the wax paper away you won’t be able to use it again.)
5. Then apply the water based ink of choice to your glossy card stock with a brayer or sponge in a circular motion until you have the desired look you want.
6. Wipe off the glossy card stock with a Kleenex to get rid of any access ink.
7. Now you are ready to apply it to your card of choice.

Happy Stamping,
Johnnie Sexton, Stampin'Up Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment