Monday, May 5, 2014

Simple Stems Flower Done a Little Differently!!

Hi Stampers, I couldn't think of a way to say that one of the flowers from the stamp set Simple Stems was used to make a boys birthday card.  So, just to tell you, it is done a little differently.  I wanted to call them mopheads, but that just didn't sound right. I wish I had Brian King's (Stamp with Brian) gift for gab.  I am sure he would have come up with a cute name.  Well, anyway I used Birthday Basic Designer series paper with Very Vanilla card stock and several other colors of card stock and look what I made. I used various circles from SU circle framelits and nestabilities to get the narrow margin on each circle.  Then when I stamped the birthday sentiment I couldn't make up my mind which color to use so I used all three. When placing the circle on top of the card make sure you have only half of the circle off the cardstock.  If you go any higher it will not fit an A2 envelope.  I kept an envelope on my work area so I could make sure I wasn't going to high.  Also, watch the spacing of the flower when stamping so you won't have a big empty space. This started out with 3 flowers and I left to big of an open area so I added another one.  I will be making these in my Workshop Group this month.   A girls card made with this will be coming soon. Our theme is birthday cards.I like it and hope you do too!  The card base is 4" X 8" and scored at 4".  The circles you will need to play with to get the look you like.   The DSP was cut at 3 3/4" X 3 3/4".  Stamp sets: Simple Stems 133101, Itty Bitty Banners 126257.  Card stock: Gumball Green 126840, Summer Starfruit 126830, Bermuda Bay 131197, Very Vanilla 101650.  Ink: Gumball green 126861, Summer Starfruit 126991, Bermuda Bay 131171. Tools and accessories: Bitty Banners famelits 129267, Circles Collection 130911, Snail Adhesive 104332.  Non SU items:  Nestabilities circle dies, google eyes 5 mm. Enjoy!  Please leave a comment.  I do answer back.

Happy Stamping,
Johnnie Sexton
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment