Monday, April 28, 2014

Chic n Clique Sketch

Hi Stampers!  Here's another sketch I did for the bi-weekly Chic n Clique group.  I was never fond of doing cards by sketches until I joined this group.  Always thought about it and liked some I saw but just never made myself do it until now.  It really helps you think about all the paper and stamps you have collected and what you can do with them.You pull out this paper and just look at and say I just can't cut into this one and so on until you find the one that just makes you want to sit down and really use it.  That is what the Sweet Sorbet has done to me.  I am on overload and need to progress to another designer series paper.  I guess that is one of the reasons I am so excited about the new catalog. Stampin' Up is premiering the catalog today in different states.  I wanted to go but it is my husband's birthday and I don't think it would be wise to leave him at home.  After all, he is the one who enables me to do what I do with my stamping! I used Starburst Sayings for the images on the card.  My card base is the basic 8 1/2" X 5 1/2". The layering pieces of Sweet Sorbet is 3 1/16" X 5 3/8". I don't know if you can tell by my picture, but the right side of card has been cut off about 1/2" using the scallop edgelit and then I placed a 1" X 5 1/2" strip of the dotted Sweet Sorbet on the bottom piece edge to highlight the scalloped edge.  For the front I cut a 3/4" X 5 1/2" pieces of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock.  I wrapped White Bakers Twine around it three times and tied it in the middle hidden by the big circle. Then I stamped the sentiment in Crisp Cantaloupe ink on Whisper White card stock and the other two images were stamped in Pool Party ink on Whisper White card stock.  All the pieces were cut out with the Starburst Framelit dies.  I cut a piece of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock with the same small Starburst die to go in back of the stamped piece at top of card to give it some division. I thought it looked lost when I just put the Pool Party image down.  The little flowers were punched from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack that is retiring...this makes me sad.  I really liked those little punches.   Hope you like!
Stampin' Up supplies used:  Stamp set: Starburst 133185. Paper: Crisp Cantaloupe 131298, Sweet Sorbet (no longer available), Whisper White 100730. Ink: Crisp Cantaloupe 131176 and Pool Party 126982. Tools and Accessories: Scalloped Edgelit 127019, Starburst Framelit Dies 132967, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack 118309 (retiring), Bakers Twine 124262, Rhinestones 119247 these were places on the small Starburst and the flower centers, dimensionals 104430.  For any supplies you might need please feel free to click on the catalog in the sidebar and shop at my online store.  Enjoy!  Please feel free to leave a comment and I will answer you back...be nice though!
Happy Stamping,
Johnnie Sexton, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

2 comments: