Saturday, April 26, 2014

Floral Frames Wedding Card

Floral Frames Collection is a great set of dies, very versatile.  I saw a card something like this one on Pinterest and decided I could make one for a wedding card.  Changed all colors and sentiment to make this fit my needs for a wedding card. It is getting to be that time of year. All the beautiful brides are getting ready for the big event and you want to be ready, too!  Again, I used my all time favorite DSP-Modern Medley.  For the flower I used Flower Shop, hope it doesn't retire "April 21st from SU.  The base flower is Very Vanilla as is the piece with the sentiment on it.  I used the largest of the Floral Frames for base and the 2nd from largest for the DSP.  To make base just cut a regular base card of  4 1/4" X 5 1/2", then make sure when you put on the die that you put the fold a little ways inside the frame so you will have a fold and run it through your big shot.  The Flower is stamped with Basic Black as is the saying.  The Very Vanilla flag is 5" long and 1" wide. I used scissors to make the flagged ends.  Basic pearl was used for the center of flower.  For the leaves I used the Little Leaves Sizzlits( cut them out in Basic Black and Very Vanilla) and laid them on the banner and put dimensionals on the back of banner and flower.  I made this color combination because a wedding I was to attend used these colors.  Helped me out with my idea!  This type card can be made to fit any occasion.  Stampin' Up supplies used: Stamps: Flower Shop (w) 130939, (c)130942 or as a bundle with punch (w) 132727, (c) 132726, Sweet Essentials 126457. Card stock: Very Vanilla 101650, Modern Medley Designer Series Paper 126926. Ink: Basic Black 126980. Tools and accessories: Big Shot 113439, Floral Frames Collection 127012, Little Leave Sizzlits 114511, Pearls Basic jewels 119247, snail adhesive 104332 and deimensionals 104430.

I just found the paper that had the blog I found the basic idea for this card and I want to give credit to that person.  Gina Wiseman at The Firefly Studio go check her site out it is awesome!  Thanks Gina for sharing your ideas.  Thanks Harriett  A. for loaning  this to me since I didn't save me one.

Happy Stamping,
Johnnie Sexton, Stampin'Up Demonstrator

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and such pretty flowers to photograph it with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Danni....Modern Medley is one of my favorite DSP's. Can you tell I am ready for better weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! The black and vanilla makes this so elegant, and I love the look of the pearl!

    ReplyDelete