Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Flower Shop and Washi Tape

April Workshop Sample
A couple of months ago  I got this card from a friend and have held on to the idea of one day making it or should I say casing it. The only thing I did differently on this card is the sentiment. We did this card in the monthly workshop and everyone really liked it.  We had not used Washi Tape in our workshop before and I wanted to have that experience for me as well as the other stampers.  I think we all passed Washi 101!!! You know how you feel when you are using something you haven't experienced before....a little intimidated...well no more!  On the inside we put a strip of the yellow checked Washi Tape and stamped the flower in yellow on Whisper White card stock and adhered it to the inside. We all enjoyed making this card. The  Flower Shop stamp set is an all time favorite of mine and I hope it does not retire.  Stampin' Up supplies used:  Stamps: Flower Shop 130942, Peaceful Petals 133107 Occasions catalog, Cardstock: Daffodil Delight 119683, Whisper White 100730. Ink: Island Indigo 126986, Melon Mambo 126948, Daffodil Delight 126944. Tools and accessories: Gingham Garden Washi Tape 129314, Pansy Punch 130698, paper snips 103579, paper trimmer 126889, dimensionals 104430.It just looks like spring and I know some of you are really ready for it to be here. I know I am.
Wanda's card
This is the card my friend Wanda W. gave to me and notice the only thing I really changed was the sentiment.  I like them both but I think Wanda's pop's with the way she did her sentiment.  I hope you have as much fun making this card as I did and have fun changing it up.  Thanks Wanda W. for sharing this beautiful card with me.  Wanda is also a fellow SU demonstrator. Check out her blog Poetic Papery.  Leave comments please and let me know what you think about the project, I will answer you back.  Please click on the catalog in the sidebar to shop at my online store.  I will be posting another one with washi tape next week.  Until then.....

Happy Stamping,
Johnnie Sexton, Stampin' Up Demonstrator

No comments:

Post a Comment